Your new company
Our client is a stable and well-funded not-for-profit organisation. They are based in Canberra and seeking an experienced Communications Advisor to work closely with the President and Vice President. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly reputable organisation with a friendly management team and be part of a fast-growing sector in Australia.
Your new role
The primary purpose of the Communications Advisor is to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Support the Communications team in addressing media inquiries, drafting a range of media and communications material.
- Coordinate and undertake video / photography production, as well as web content production and maintenance.
- Support the coordination of media and communications activity
- Provide local media logistics support and advice to the President and Vice President as required.
- Provide support in writing, editing, proof reading and releasing public facing health content, including the preparation and publication of related material such as briefings, media releases, media responses, alerts, talking points, transcripts, as well as policy promotions, brochures and campaign material.
- Assist with organising and hosting media ‘doorstops’ and as required, conduct video recordings and photography of such events, as well as editing and publishing visual productions and incorporating branding.
- Coordinate and undertake web content production and maintenance.
- Work with IT on the design for the media-controlled aspects of the website. Support the implementation of website improvement initiatives.
- Support the preparation and development of thought leadership content opinion.
- As required, undertake projects and other reasonable duties commensurate with the level of this role.
What you'll get in return
Communications professional with 3+ years’ experience in a corporate communications function, with a focus on coordinating web content production, web maintenance, as well as coordinating the recording, editing and publishing visual productions and related logistics.
- Demonstrated experience in addressing media and member inquiries and preparing public facing content
- Demonstrated experience in utilising digital channels / web platforms to support the engagement and communication with key stakeholders
- Tertiary (bachelor and or masters) qualifications relevant to the role – e.g. communications, media, journalism, public relations.
This position offers training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and help you pursue your career ambitions. You will have the opportunity to work with the senior executives, growing your portfolio, your brand, your professional skills, and personal capabilities. This is a genuinely exciting opportunity you will not want to miss!
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, contact Robert Johnston at Hays recruitment on 02 62797423, or email Robert.email@example.com for further information on the application process.LHS 297508