Your new company
Located in Sydney’s South West, Campbelltown region, this not for profit organisation runs a college delivering relevant and worthwhile education to residents of their rehabilitation (drug and alcohol addiction) programs. The college is NESA accredited offering NSW curriculum and vocational training to their adult students. The organisation operates with values of integrity, respect, creativity and compassion, supporting their residents through a range of therapeutic services and education. The college caters for up to 80 students with committed teachers and established programs in place.
Your new role
In this executive appointment you will be responsible for all day to day operations of the school and teaching staff. The college is NESA registered, well resourced with a strong focus on practical skills including workshop and IT resources readily available. Reporting to the CEO and sitting on the executive team of the NFP you will work in collaboration with other service divisions ensuring a quality education offering for students.
This position is available to commence from July 2022 however we are open to negotiation on start date. Given this immediate timeframe we are open to hearing from candidates of both a permanent and interim nature.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will:
- Bring a strong understanding of NESA requirements, curriculum and day to day school operations
- Operate in a strategic and collaborative way, ensuring students educational needs are met with consideration to the important therapeutic programs they are engaged in alongside their education
- Lead the teaching and learning team to ensure creative, high quality programs are implemented and maintained
- Ensure staff wellbeing, progression and professional development
- Have strong understanding of school reporting with excellent attention to detail and reporting skills
- Be driven by the opportunity to broaden your skillset and make a difference to those in need
- Have an interest in trauma informed education practices
- Be adaptable and versatile, applying your knowledge of education to this unique context
Applicants must hold or be eligible for NESA registration, WWCC and be appropriately vaccinated against Covid-19 to be eligible for this position.
What you'll get in return
This is a unique opportunity to work in an educational context that crosses over into the world of health, community services, and welfare. You will gain great experience working in a broader organisational context whilst making use of your strong experience and skills in educational leadership. This role offers the opportunity to showcase your curriculum skills, leadership skills, strategic mind and ultimately have a really important impact on the lives of those going through a challenging time. This role will suit a dynamic and versatile educational leader, this could be someone with proven Principal experience looking for a change of context, or someone with a strong background in curriculum and staff leadership looking to step up into a senior leadership role or broaden their experience.
What you need to do now
To apply for this position please submit your resume to Lincoln Gould and you will be contacted to discuss the position in full and provided with an information package for review.
T 02 8226 9769LHS 297508