Your new company
Recognised for being the leader in their class for their customer experience, this respected banking institution’s focus is on innovation and the community. They are one team, with the same mission – to be one of the world’s greatest service companies. You will be rewarded with a career with one of the Big 4’s, where you will be listened to and given every opportunity to progress.
Your new role
As a Collections Officer, you will be working in an inbound contact centre environment. With multiple, full-time temporary positions available, all candidates MUST have the flexibility and availability to work a rotating roster, Monday through to Saturday anywhere from 7.30am – 7.30pm. You will be part of a team who make a difference to their customers every single day. You will demonstrate resilience and passion and will be responsible for:
What you'll need to succeed
- Providing the highest level of customer service at all times
- Displaying empathy, professionalism and positivity to connect with your customers and ensure you are having meaningful conversations
- Working with your customers to find a solution to bring their home loan, credit card, personal loan or transaction account in order in a timely manner.
- Helping your customer through life to achieve their ambition back to financial health so they are confident, secure, empowered and inspired about their future.
- Exercising a variety of methods; negotiation and questioning skills, providing Hardship where appropriate, or referring customers to seek independent financial advice
- Meeting and adhering to KPI’s required in the role
What you'll get in return
- The highest level of resilience and empathy
- A passion for putting your customers first
- Previous experience in a customer service/contact centre role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivation and commitment to personal development and professional excellence
- Drive and initiative to do your best
- Actively participate in helping the team achieve its goals
- Accountability; take responsibility to see things through to conclusion and deliver on promises
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Highly proficient computer skills/tech-savvy
- Previous Collections experience and/or a qualification in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Legal Studies will be highly regarded.
- Being fluent in Mandarin and/or Cantonese will also be highly regarded
The position offers completive hourly remuneration and comprehensive training within a supportive team-based culture is provided. This institution prides itself in growing their talent and offers career development opportunities across the entire business.
What you need to do now
You are strongly encouraged to apply if you meet the above criteria and are ready to launch your career in banking. If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Christina Douvartzidis on 08 7221 4100 for a confidential discussion about the role.LHS 297508