Your new company
Our Federal Government Client has committed to a significant IT program of work that requires the skills of a Cloud Solutions Architect to help in delivering a range of critical outcomes over the next 3 years. As part of this large program of work they are modernising and transforming our services in line with the Digital transformation strategy to ensure they are user centric, modern, modular and support re-use.
Your new role
To support the program the Department will be building a design and architecture team who will support the significant delivery programs underway, whilst also designing the changes that are required to deliver the modern technology platforms and establish the architectural patterns and designs for the future a critical element of this will be creating and maintaining a suite of architecture artefacts that will be used to communicate our strategy, support decision making and guide delivery teams to adopt new technology that aligns to our Digital Business Strategy.
What you'll need to succeed
Candidates will need to have to be able to provide solution design expertise for a large program of work that comprises multiple systems and solutions to deliver a modern digital platform. The candidate will need to support the development of the end-to-end solution design as well as individual component designs using a combination of intentional and emergent designs that take a business outcome through to a technology design ready for delivery.
Candidate will need knowledge / experience in:
What you'll get in return
- Understanding and documenting customer requirements and business objectives
- Provide strategic advice on using cloud technologies to achieve goals
- Managing program initiatives and collaborating with technical staff
- Designing systems and networks ensuring the right architecture and functionality
- Supporting the implementation of new technology services
- Work closely with product and scrum teams to design solutions that will in an agile fashion
- Proven experience as solution architect of secure modern technology platforms
- Experience with integrating various technologies, including cloud native technologies and the production of technical artefacts describing cloud patterns, principles, standards, policies, reference architectures and strategies covering cloud-based application services
- Experience in working in large programs with many interdependencies for delivery
- A team player with excellent communication and leading conversations with both executive and technical audiences
- Ensure scalability and that the solution features future-proofing capabilities to cater for peak and regular demand patterns.
- Certification in Azure and O365 solution architect or similar cloud certification will be advantageous
Long term Contract doing interesting and innovative project work in a high performing work environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Daniel Wichmann at Daniel.Wichmann@hays.com.au or call on 02 6279 7484 for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508