Your new company
We are thrilled to be partnered exclusively with a highly regarded consultancy in Sydney, who are seeking a City Planning Lead to join their team on a permanent basis. This organisation is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants, and technical specialists, working across every aspect of the built environment.
Your new role
As the City Planning Leader, you will play a central role in bringing together the organisations multidisciplinary capability to solve city and precinct-scale challenges. Working with industry leaders in Planning and Design, Infrastructure, Environment and Transport you will use your strategic planning experience to help our clients plan and design creative and inspiring places. Over the past year, this organisation have established a team that is delivering influential policy and planning projects across Sydney and NSW.
What you'll need to succeed
- Play a key role in developing, communicating, and gaining commitment to the transport and cities business plans to actualize strategic aspirations.
- Grow market share in strategic planning and precincts by identifying, supporting, winning and delivering new business and securing new work
- Working closely with other business disciplines in other Australasian and UK offices;
- Identify and take responsibility for investments to develop our capability and market presence and source funding for market-focused investments and initiatives from global and local sources.
- Overview successful delivery of quality projects in the market area and ensure that legal, commercial and brand risk in relation to key projects are well understood and managed.
- It is preferable that you will have a contact base within Sydney and be able to grow this team, through winning new work with new clients, retaining and developing the relationships with existing clients, and seeking out new opportunities to diversify the business.
What you'll get in return
- You will be an experienced professional with significant consultancy experience, with relevant qualifications in city planning/urban design.
- Solid experience as a cities advisor with strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills relating to integrated cities policy and projects;
- Demonstrable track record in business development, including leading work winning strategies and significant client relationship development and networking experience.
- Commercial excellence in structuring bids that are deliverable, profitable and ultimately enhance client relationships and our reputation in the market.
- A deep understanding of the infrastructure and built environment markets in Metropolitan Sydney and NSW (public and private) with a proven track record in the delivery of high quality, large scale, complex precincts and infrastructure projects
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary + Super (negotiable depending on experience)
- Opportunity to work with a fast-paced, professional team of 20+
- Flexible working arrangements, with a supportive managerial structure
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508