Your new role
Qualified Chefs required for multiple sites & clients throughout the Bowen Basin.
We have multiple different organisations that will have you catering for smaller occupancies at motels & hotels right up to larger occupancy accommodation villages. You will be working between 9–12 hour days, with the shifts ranging from breakfast, crib prep, dinner or dessert.
Your responsibilities will include but won't be limited to
What you'll need to succeed
- Food preparation
- Cooking; with use of the grills, fryers & ovens
- Presenting high-quality food to agreed menus
- Cleaning and following safe food handling protocols
- Working well in a team with management, other chefs & kitchen utilities
- Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery or Equivalent
- High volume catering or bulk cooking experience – Desirable
- Ability to follow and have knowledge of Food and Safety guidelines
- Your own knives and laced up steel cap boots
You will need to be physically fit as these positions are fast paced and demanding. You must also have the ability to work in a team and autonomously.
You MUST be residing within QLD to be successful for this role and be willing to DIDO or FIFO in for these positions.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with an excellent hourly rate + Super on all hours worked, accommodation and meals will also be provided to you whilst you are at work.
There will be the opportunity to work with different clients & teams across a variety of sites and locations.
You will have the ability to have a healthy work and lifestyle balance & decide what assignments you accept and when you want to go to work.
What you need to do now
If this has sparked your interest and you would like further information or would like to have a confidential discussion about further opportunities and what Hays can offer you, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume, or call Karlee Cooper now on 07 49601100.LHS 297508