Your new company
Hays is currently partnered with a federal government agency to recruit Case Management Officers for 12-month assignments. There are currently multiple positions available.
Your new role
This role will work under guidance to manage, progress and resolve AAT applications. The position will assess available information against legislative criteria and agency policy to determine the most suitable way to conduct AAT proceedings on behalf of the agency. The focus is on resolving matters in a timely manner and, where reasonably possible, without a need to progress to an AAT hearing.
Responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Undertaking end to end case management activities, subject to appropriate line manager input and oversight.
- Resolving matters through case management of AAT applications in relation to reviewable decisions.
- Undertaking case management of low to moderately complex AAT matters and analysing to develop options for early resolution.
- Obtaining necessary information and advice to effectively resolve AAT matters.
- Applying alternate dispute resolution methods and advocacy skills to resolving applications/reviews, in keeping with the model litigant principles.
- Attending Case Conferences, Conciliations and Hearings conducted by the AAT.
- Preparing documents detailing resolution options and outcomes at Case Management meetings.
- Assessing and responding to priorities and risks, including risk to the participant, Scheme sustainability and the agency.
- Preparing and maintaining electronic record keeping, including evidence supporting decision-making processes and justifying conclusions reached during the case management process.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a case management or business management role.
- Well-developed time management, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Skilled communicator both verbally and written
- Strong customer service focus and ability to liaise on a professional level with diverse groups.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Efficient reporting skills
Due to the nature of our client, for this role you MUST be an Australian Citizen
What you'll get in return
This role offers you and hourly rate of $53.63 plus super, full time hours and an initial 12-month assignment with the possibility of an extension.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV. For further information about this role, please contact:
Nikki Short T: 03 5226 8000 E: Nikki.Short@hays.com.au
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.LHS 297508