Your new company
This organisation provides health and community services to thousands of people every day of the year through its services in Health, Aged Care and Community Services, Family and Disability Services, Retirement Living and Retail. For more than 65 years the organisation has been committed to empowering individuals to live life their way. Today, their people make more than three million visits to Queenslanders each year, providing the same holistic care, service and companionship that’s been their hallmark since the very beginning.
Your new role
The Care Manager is accountable and responsible for the effective leadership and management of the Residential Aged Care facility in the delivery of care and services that provide quality of life for residents that is consistent with Tailor Made and the mission of Organisation. The Care Manager is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of day-to-day care and services in accordance with professional standards and legislative/regulatory requirements. Tasks for this role include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Responsible and accountable for the facilities day-to-day operations including provision of a high level of leadership and management
- Effectively plan, coordinate, administer, evaluate and report on the Facility to ensure it meets identified resident needs and standards of quality care
- Identify, plan and implement strategic initiatives in service delivery consistent with continuous improvement and quality outcomes across the service.
- Maintain compliance with all State, Federal and/or National regulatory and legislative requirements including Quality Standards. Accountable for reporting on and implementing outcomes of accreditation/service reviews.
- Work constructively and collaboratively with the General Manager and Cluster-based support staff to plan, monitor and report on the direction, focus and standard of quality within the Facility.
- Provide leadership, management & supervision throughout the Facility.
- Undertake other duties as required/directed as service needs change or grow
The ideal candidate will have the following:
What you'll get in return
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in high level service delivery and quality.
- Current registration with a professional body (such as AHPRA).
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications or working towards.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 in line with the current regulations from Queensland Government
- Proven experience working within and leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative frameworks, standards and government funding requirements and guidelines.
- Previous experience or sound knowledge of working within the Health, Human Services and Not-For-Profit sectors
In return you will have a permanent full time employment with a reputable aged care facility based in Mackay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Lauren Colwell now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508