Your new company
The Carmelites of Australia & Timor-Leste, as a religious order of the Catholic Church, are a Not-For-Profit organisation who work with community groups in both Australia & Timor-Leste (East Timor) to help transform their lives. As well as providing important building infrastructure and clean drinking water to communities throughout Timor-Leste, the Carmelites play a large role in the education, training & development of people throughout one of the most disadvantaged countries in the Asia Pacific region. In Australia, they support parish, education and spirituality ministries.
Hays Recruitment are delighted to partner with The Carmelites to support in the recruiting for a Business Manager to oversee the operational and business needs of the organisation.
Your new role
As Business Manager, you will be responsible for a range of corporate services and operational activities including strategic planning, financial management, human resources & risk management and compliance across the business. Further, you will be tasked with:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assisting in the implementation and continued success of Carmelite’s missions in Timor-Leste and Australia.
- Assisting in the implementation of plans to support ageing Carmelites in Australia in retirement.
- Advising key stakeholders within the organisation in developing long-term strategic plans and identifying potential strategic options and their financial impact
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal stakeholders across multiple work functions
Well established, strong working knowledge of business management practices and having demonstrated experience in the Not-For-Profit sector, this will be supported by:
What you'll get in return
- A proven track record of business planning working across numerous functions
- Stakeholder management experience with demonstrated success in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Clear skills in facilitating and overseeing multiple workstreams including strategic planning, financial management, human resources & risk management
- Tertiary qualifications in business, management, or related field
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Manager to assist an organisation that aims to improve the lives of community groups in Australia and overseas. This permanent opportunity offers an excellent prorated salary coupled with flexible working arrangements.
What you need to do now
Hays Recruitment have been engaged by Carmelites of Australia & Timor-Leste as the outsourced recruitment partner for this role. As such, all communication and enquiries are to be directed back to Hays Recruitment Senior Consultant Laughlan Judge at Laughlan.Judge@hays.com.au