Your new company
Work for a values-based company that exemplifies respect, integrity, collaboration, and innovation. Works closely with the government, public sector, and general community in pursuit of positive outcomes. You’ll work in a division that will drive the future direction of ACT government’s digital agenda. As a business analyst, you’ll work closely with a team of analysts and designers in exciting, challenging projects, to provide guidance and produce artefacts that will drive future projects and change initiatives.
Your new role
As the Business Analyst you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- undertake analysis and modelling of current and future business processes and information management environments.
- Be responsible for analysing client requirements, defining business problems and discerning solutions, primary project objectives and provide client support.
- Contribute and coordinate work to develop estimates for human resourcing effort/cost for business analysis activities, and discovery and design phases.
- Contribute to a multi-disciplinary by assuming responsibility for assigned tasks and outcomes and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with other areas within the organisation to promote the value of a great analysis and design in achieving positive business and community outcomes.
- Identify and apply industry trends that enable innovative government service delivery that can be applied to provide better ACT Government outcomes.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability in:
What you'll get in return
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis
- Analytical abilities and experience developing business requirements specifications, business cases, functional and non-functional specifications.
- Practical experience analysing and modelling data, business processes, user pathways and information flows
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong team working abilities
- Practical experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an agile development environment is advantageous
- Experience leading business analysis activities within a discovery phase for large -scale digital initiatives, would be highly advantageous.
- Experience and knowledge in developing system integration specifications, would be highly advantageous.
- Experience and knowledge in developing IT system procurement documentation, would be highly advantageous.
- Experience and knowledge of a diverse range of design practices (for example: Design thinking, Human Centred Design, User Experience), would be highly advantageous.
What you need to do now
- flexible working arrangements
- friendly, value-orientated workplace that prioritises individual wellbeing and working experience
- exciting opportunity to direct exciting, new government operations and initiatives.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Blythe Roach now on +61 2 9249 2266 now. Alternatively, send a copy of your updated CV to Blythe.Roach@hays.com.au.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508