Your new company
The City of Casey in proud partnership with Hays Recruitment is now seeking a Registered Building Inspector (Limited or Unlimited) to join the Building Surveying team on a permanent full-time capacity in an exciting time of growth. Comprising of a supportive and dedicated team of experienced registered professionals and assisting team members with vast experience across private and Local Government sectors, you will integrate into a team devoted to community safety and the efficient and effective delivery of technical building regulatory assistance to internal and external stakeholders across the municipality.
Join one of the largest and most supportive, community-centric Councils at the vibrant Bunjil Place who are ready to invest in your future! Registered Building Inspectors Limited & Unlimited are encouraged to apply.
Your new role
Reporting to the Municipal Building Surveyor & Deputy Municipal Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for:
What you'll need to succeed
- Building inspections across a variety of classifications including (but not limited to) domestic residential buildings, office, retail, factories & public building structures
- Assisting with the assessment of Building Permits and P.O.P.E
- Preparing notices & orders, ensuring compliance
- Preparing report & consent applications
- Providing on-site technical advice and direction to builders, sub-contractors, and property owners to ensure correct enforcement of building standards
- Responding and providing direction to members of the public in response to building enquiries and complaints
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Building Practitioner Board Registration in Victoria (Limited or Unlimited)
- Tertiary qualifications - Bachelor or Advanced Diploma in Building Surveying
- Demonstrated experience as a Building Inspector with knowledge of the National Construction Code (NCC) & relevant building legislation
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to gain cooperation from clients and members of the public
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously, managing time and setting priorities to achieve objectives
- Driver’s license with ability to conduct on-site inspections
Note: Successful applicants will require a National Police Check & Working with Children’s Check prior to commencement.
What you'll get in return
In return, successful employment will present:
What you need to do now
- An attractive salary + superannuation + allowance + commuter use vehicle + RDO
- Practical experience with the NCC, on-the-job learning & developmental opportunities to assist with progression & Practitioner Registration advancement
- Subsidised study assistance & entitlements with access to paid memberships, conferences & training
- The opportunity to work in a highly flexible workplace model, offering a hybrid team-guided work environment & access to state-of-the-art offices at Bunjil Place
- A highly supportive, encouraging, and diverse team culture!
If you are interested in this position, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date CV, or send directly to Sally Phillips at Sally.Phillips@hays.com.au [mailto:Sally.Phillips@hays.com.au] . For further information and a confidential discussion, please phone Sally Phillips directly on (03) 8616 8449.LHS 297508