Your new company
Full time short term contract Band 4 Business Support Officer role based in the Hobart CBD within the State Government’s body responsible for growth and opportunities for Tasmanians.
Your new role
You will provide a high level executive and administrative support to senior Executive Committees, the Deputy Secretary Business Services, the Corporate Secretary of the Tasmanian Development Board and the Director, People and Culture. As a member of the Business Services team support the efficient and effective delivery of key Agency-wide business activities and processes. In addition, you will also:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide the primary point of contact for the Deputy Secretary Business Services office with all internal and key external stakeholders for the Department. Provide an information and reference point for stakeholders seeking information about the Divisions services and programs.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team and sub-committees of the Executive.
- Provide support to the Corporate Secretary, Tasmanian Development Board.
- Manage the Deputy Secretary’s diary and set up more complex meetings, seminars and workshops for the Division’s management team.
- Work with the Deputy Secretary Business Services, Director People and Culture and Divisional Management team to coordinate, monitor, manage information and undertake other duties to support the efficient operation of the Division.
- Provide key coordination and support for the annual Budget Estimates processes for the Division.
- Coordinate, manage and update the Business Services Intranet in consultation with other stakeholders and other Intranet liaison officers.
- Organise travel and accommodation requirements for Divisional staff and the payment of invoices.
- Provide coordination and administration support to the Director, People and Culture, including work on special projects.
- Work as a team member with the Manager, Business Support and Governance to deliver an integrated client focussed service on projects and activities as required.
What you'll get in return
- High level knowledge of and proven experience in the provision of executive support in a senior management environment, including the proven ability to prepare and co-ordinate briefing materials.
- Well-developed organisational and research skills, together with the proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage a diverse and often competing workload and manage stress in a changeable outcomes focused environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality together with the proven capacity to exercise initiative, judgement, discretion and sound problem solving/decision making skills with a high level of discretion in a client service environment.
- High level interpersonal and oral skills with the proven ability to communicate clearly with tact and diplomacy effectively negotiate and manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Well-developed written communication skills including the proven ability to produce information that is clear, accurate, concise and compliant with Government writing styles.
- Proven well developed information technology skills together with a high level of ability in the use of word processing and spread sheet packages
You will receive an attractive hourly rate commensurate with experience and the opportunity to work semi-autonomously in a small team conducting vital work for Tasmania.
What you need to do now
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply now, or contact Peter Sereno at Hays Hobart on 03 6108 5561 or please email firstname.lastname@example.orgLHS 297508