Your new company
Our client, one of Australia’s largest and leading processors of quality treated wood products have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join their team in their Hervey Bay facility on a permanent, full time basis.
Your new role
Reporting into the Business Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the plant including: OH&S, Production, Maintenance, Chain of Custody, Training and Contractor Management.
Key Functions of the role include:
- Maintain a safe work environment through effective communication and training in the use of OH&S policies, compliance, and regulations.
- Manage day to day operations of the plant, including quality, stock control, barcoding and purchasing.
- Plan production to meet budgetary commitments.
- Manage personnel to meet production requirements.
- Audit the performance of the plant including the production, operations, quality and workplace health and safety.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 5 years’ experience in a People Management role
- Experience in working in either Timber Manufacturing and/or Timber Treatment environment
- Understanding of Budgeting, Payroll, Ordering and Accounting principles
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in Health and Safety Management
- Excellent Communication and leadership skills
What you’ll get in return
- Long term, permanent, full time position
- Enviable work location in the Hervey Bay Region
- Family friendly roster – Monday to Friday (No weekends!)
- Career development & training opportunities
- Respectful and diverse workplace
- Supportive and inspiring management team
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, apply now, or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Lennie Dowle on firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508