Your new company
Hays are partnering with a global hospitality group in the heart of the Gold Coast. They are looking for a savvy Assistant Accountant to join their niche finance team on a permanent, full time basis. It offers the opportunity to join a high performing environment and gain experience in a fast-paced accounting role, with exposure to reporting and forecasting.
Your new role
The primary role of the Assistant Accountant will be to work with the Financial Controller in providing financial services to the core business and all associated entities. This is a fast paced, high volume role that requires attention to detail coupled with a can do attitude. Please see the core components of this role below:
- Assistance with Payroll and interpretation of awards.
- Processing of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Bank Reconciliations and General Ledger Reconciliations.
- Month End Management for Multiple Entities.
- Journal Entries.
- Financial Accounting.
- Regulatory and Statutory Compliance.
- Financial Administration.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in a similar role and has completed a Tertiary degree in Accounting or Finance related field. Experience in the hospitality/hotel industry would be advantageous. The successful applicant will also have the following attributes:
- High Volume and fast paced accounting roles experience
- Confidence to interact with different stakeholders
- Experience in payroll and interpreting awards
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Intermediate - Advanced Excel skills essential
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a positive and supportive team, in a growing international business. This is a unique opportunity to work for a business that rarely has vacancies and where ongoing personal development and training are encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work in modern offices, based centrally on the Gold Coast. Salary on offer is $65k - $75k+ super and you are able to start immediately.LHS 297508