Your new company
This Federal Government statutory authority is responsible for preparing the Australian Public Service workforce for the future to ensure it meets the demands and expectations of the Australian Government and people. Its mission is to continuously improve people management, manager capability and professional development across the APS.
Currently, they have a need for a high performing APS6 Records Manager to provide information management and a range of high-level, collaborative support services to the Digital team.
Your new role
As a Records Manager, you will provide support to a small team led by the Director to ensure the successful delivery of a key program. You will support the development, maintenance and implementation which will include program planning, assessment, and stakeholder engagement. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyse the information management needs of the organisation and translate these policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Control access to information on a need-to-know basis ensuring the protection of sensitive and classified information assets.
- Develop and deliver information management training to internal stakeholders.
- Provide planned and unplanned information management advice to internal stakeholders.
- Write reports and acquittals such as the Harradine listing and NAA Check-up PLUS survey.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for the position you will have previous experience within the Federal Government and in a similar position. You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in an information or program management role within the Federal Government
- The ability to work under limited direction, whilst providing a range of high-level executive support services.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to handle multiple complex issues and the proven ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal to foster effective relationships with colleagues and a range of stakeholders.
- Previous experience utilising INFOSEC, the ISM, NAA Information Management Standard, the Privacy ACT, Privacy Principles, and Freedom of Information Guidelines.
To be considered for this role you will need to be an Australian citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance at the NV1 level or higher.
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and drive you will be rewarded with:
- Immediate start with an attractive hourly rate
- Central location with the possibility of flexible working arrangements.
What you need to do now
- The ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders as part of a collaborative team
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Alex Ringrose on (02) 6279 7430, Alexander.Ringrose@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.LHS 297508