Your new company
Hays Geelong are the preferred supplier choice to Federal, State and Local Government organisations as well as leading employers in Health, Technology, Insurance, Education and Utilities across Geelong and Western Victoria. Our Federal Government Client is currently seeking an APS6 Project Officer on a full time temporary assignment for 12 months with the potential to extend.
Your new role
You will work standard full time business hours from Monday to Friday from our Client's Geelong VIC location. The position is a team leadership position and will have delegated authority and responsibility to resolve issues and risks across a range of activities. It will provide the leadership, control, planning, resource management, performance management and decision making for the Team Membership within the positions assigned Work Area.
The APS6 Project Officer will provide detailed technical, professional, policy, operational support and advice in relation to complex problems.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Producing reports, interpreting data and analysing results using qualitative research methods and analysis software (NVivo).
- Coordinating branch reporting requirements to monitor and track improvement and performance outcomes.
- Developing business functional requirements and resources, consistent with contractual, legislative and policy environments.
- Translating business metrics to inform internal stakeholders requirements including efficiency, improvement and performance outcomes to optimise customer experience.
- Providing specialist advice and technical expertise to staff and stakeholders.
- Preparing draft written material including business cases, plans, executive briefs and corporate documentation.
- Establishing and implementing governance and compliance processes, dashboards and management systems to track branch performance against plans and targets.
- Implementing and maintaining audit and risk processes, controls and undertaking issues resolution.
As this role requires you to be on site, as per the latest Government mandate you will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status.
To succeed, you will need:
- IT proficiency including MS Office, reporting software and ideally experience with NVivo
- Exceptional communicational skills, both written and verbal
- Previous similar experience in a Policy or Project role OR relevant education and qualifications
- Exceptional organisational skills including prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent stakeholder liaison skills and experience
**Due to the nature of our Client, you MUST be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this role.
What you'll get in return
Through Hays, this role offers you an hourly rate of $58.50 plus superannuation and the opportunity to grow within this Federal Government organisation. Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, apply online now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.LHS 297508