Your new company
This Federal Government organisation has a mandate of developing policies and programs with the core focus of these being, to give Australians access to quality support to enable highly sought-after skills and education for purposes of future employment. This branch is currently seeking an multiple Project an Program officers to join their dynamic and supportive team to work on this government reform agenda.
Your new role
This division is establishing new policy and program capabilities in research commercialisation to support the Government’s priority to improve and enhance the level of commercialisation and translation of research from Australian entities. The division will focus on moving the best Australian research from initial conceptual thinking through to proof of concept and proof of scale, with an end-market objective. The Division oversees research policy, funding and programs, with a particular focus on the upskilling of the research and innovation workforce and driving greater innovation with the university research workforce. Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with external and internal stakeholders
- Preparing a range of program documentation including guidelines, instructions, advice and other operational policy artefacts
- Ensuring the management of initiatives in a manner consistent with relevant policies
- Preparation of responses to regular coordination requests
- Progress procurement of personnel and consultants
- Manage governance and secretariat functions
As you will be engaging and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally, well-developed communication skills with the ability to foster professional relationships whilst building rapport and trust is a must.
What you'll need to succeed
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the development of high priority policies and drafting documents to support relevant education legislation being introduced into Parliament
- Responding to requests to assist with policy and costing decision
- Preparing input and responses to stakeholder enquiries, ministerial correspondence, Ministerial Submissions, Senate Estimate briefs and Question Time briefs
- Project and program management work to support delivery
- Grant program development and management including delivery of grant process (development of guidelines and other communication material, submission of applications, assessment)
- Program implementation and monitoring, assessment of progress reporting and milestones
What you need to do now
- High level conceptual skills and the ability to understand complex problems, develop evidence-based solutions and communicate findings and recommendations effectively.
- Proficient use of data, including the ability to undertake research and analysis and effectively use data to prepare reports for different audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive collaborative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills, including ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities and delivering work to a high standard with good attention to detail
- Demonstrated high standard of written and verbal communication skills, including strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong self-direction and drive
To be considered for this role you must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance at the Baseline level or higher.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Iain Harvey on (02) 6279 7422, Iain.Harvey@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.LHS 297508