Your new company
Developed in response to a Royal Commission, this Government Agency supports Australian communities impacted by national disasters as well as ensuring Australia is prepared to respond to such events. Currently they are seeking an experienced APS6 Policy and Program Officer to support the implementation of Royal Commission recommendations.
Your new role
In this position your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to allow for coordinated and effective delivery of key projects
- Supporting the preparation of program and policy advice for senior executive and the Minister
- Preparing, under direction, briefings or responses to departmental or external requests for information
- Supporting the implementation and reporting on key projects being undertaken by the team
- Assistance on other policy and program matters and activities as required and directed by supervisor
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this position you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience developing policy advice and related briefing materials for a range of audiences
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of policy implementation and program development
To be eligible for this position you must be an Australian Citizen, and currently hold or be able to obtain and AGSVA Security Clearance.
What you'll get in return
In return for your professionalism and dedication you will be rewarded with:
What you need to do now
- 6-month contract with possibility of further extension
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunity to contribute to the implementation of Royal Commission findings to benefit Australians
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Laura.Ridler@hays.com.au.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career on 02 6112 7647, or visit our website to view further vacancies www.hays.com.au.LHS 297508