Your new company
This Federal Government Department is looking for an APS6 Payroll Manager to lead small payroll team
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Lead the Payroll Team undertaking the administration and management of pay and entitlements.
- Undertake more complex processing.
- Complete checking as required within the team to ensure quality output.
- Handle escalations, prepare complex correspondence and provide accurate and timely advice to clients.
- Ensure Payroll processing is compliant with audit and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure appropriate information such as legislation changes or process changes are communicated and implemented effectively within the team.
- Undertake team management activities including managing performance via the development of performance plans, co-ordinate and deliver staff training.
- Actively participate in Payroll and Aurion system project activities including process improvements. Communicate effectively with a range of clients and stakeholders.
- Represent the department at meetings, forums and seminars.
What you'll get in return
- Aurion Experience (preferred but not essential)
- Demonstrate experience in a similar role
- Baseline Security Clearance (Australian Citizenship)
- Excellent communication, administrative and organisation skills
- Understand regulatory and legislation requirements
6-month contract working within the Federal Government with the possibility of extension
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For further information, please feel free to contact Nathan Malcolm on (02) 6112 7652 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]LHS 297508