Your new company
This organisation is working at the forefront of delivering high priority programs and support to individuals who contributed to the protection of Australia, as well as generating awareness and education to the wider population regarding Defence and Military history. This department is currently seeking experienced APS6 Ministerial Writer.
Your new role
You will be brought on to support a team who provide direct support to Senior Executives, as well as writing responses to ministers. This will include working collaboratively within the team and with external external stakeholders to assess and prepare correspondence, draft written documents and provide organisational administrative support.
Working on the transformation agenda this department is currently going through, you will be engaging and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally, well-developed communication skills with the ability to foster professional relationships whilst building rapport and trust is a must.
What you'll need to succeed
- Possess excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to coordinate tasks effectively and prioritise in order of importance.
- Excellent written, intrapersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to gather information and research a topic to ensure all requirements of correspondence / briefs are met.
- Adaptability, resilience and flexibility in the face of changing and competing priorities.
- Responsiveness with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to build and sustain effective relationships, and work collaboratively and independently as required, with a wide array of internal stakeholders.
- Have the ability to achieve results within agreed timeframes.
- PDMS skills are desirable.
To be considered for this role you must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance at the Baseline level or higher.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Iain Harvey on (02) 6279 7422, Iain.Harvey@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.LHS 297508