Your new company
This Federal Government Department is a vital member of Australia’s national security community and oversees many functions including international relations, scientific research and development, procurement and purchasing and industry development and cooperation. Their mission to protect and Australia’s interests on both a national and international stage.
This branch offers a broad range of programs and services to help ADF members and their families manage the military way of life. The Coordination Team supports the day-to-day functionality of these programs and services in their delivery.
Your new role
This position is responsible for the coordination of all tasks for the Branch, including Ministerial responses, briefs to Ministers and senior Defence executives, parliamentary briefs, interdepartmental responses and condolence letters to the families of deceased ADF members.
Position Objective/s and/or Duty Statement:
What you'll need to succeed
- Coordinate administrative and business support activities for a team and other work areas, identify risks and determine appropriate course of action to meet stakeholder needs.
- Accountable to perform complex procedural, operational, administrative and business support activities and tasks that support the delivery of outcomes across Defence.
- Identify and interpret relevant legislation, policies, strategies, business and team requirements and apply these to the work area.
- Apply the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to provide advice and services for a range of complex corporate, administration and business support activities.
- Engage and negotiate with stakeholders on complex issues to achieve business outcomes.
- Work collaboratively, build and sustain effective relationships and provide constructive feedback.
- Take the initiative to progress work to meet business objectives, provide advice and guidance on more complex issues.
- Resolve problems and implement alternative courses of action.
- Accountable to develop and implement procedural, operational, corporate, administrative and business support documentation consistent with business requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail, the ability to review and edit, and a high level of writing skills are essential, along with highly developed organisation and priority management skills.
- An APS6 Administration Officer will work independently and will exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures.
- They will provide detailed administration, professional and policy advice in relation to complex work and contribute to strategic planning, program and project management and policy development.
- An APS6 Administration Officer may be a team coach or lead a team and be accountable to set work priorities and manage workflows.
- An APS6 Administration Officer will have considerable level of stakeholder engagement and will liaise with stakeholders in relation to complex issues. They will be required to identify, anticipate and respond to stakeholders’ needs and expectations to achieve work unit and Departmental outcomes.
To be considered for this position you must be an Australian citizen and hold or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance.
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a supportive work environment based in Deakin with close access to the shops, cafes and restaurants based at Deakin shops. This contract is available for an initial 24 month period with the potential for upskilling opportunities and further extension. You will be engaged under a Labour Hire arrangement and receive an attractive hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.LHS 297508