Your new company
This department develops and implements policies to make Australia's industry's more globally competitive and profitable. It delivers work across 4 dynamic branches.
Achieving the best outcomes for the sector will require responsive policy changes and the Division is working hard with industry and across government to unlock further productivity growth.
The legislative framework that supports the levy system underpins a multimillion dollar a year industry and government investment in research and development, marketing and biosecurity for over 70 commodities.
Your new role
This division is seeking a candidate with experience policy and legislation development to support the work of the project for up to a 12 month period.
This position offers an opportunity to work on a once in a life time reform on agricultural levy legislation
This role will see you;
- supporting the development of policy and legislation, particularly related to the imposition of levies and collection of levy funds
- supporting the preparation of drafting instructions for the Office of Parliamentary Council to prepare the new legislative framework
- supporting the preparation of reports and policy discussion papers for review
- reviewing existing legislation and historical levies policies to shape the new legislative framework
- liaising with other policy, regulatory and operational areas in the department and across government
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and capabilities;
- ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, including with remote workers
- ability to research and analyse complex information to inform decisions
- ability to manage competing priorities
- strong writing and verbal communication skills
- working with a focus of applying good judgement to manage issues
Knowledge or experience within the agricultural sector is desirable, not essential.
Experience with policy and legislation development and/or legislative reform is highly desirable.
This role requires you to be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to hold and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508