Your new company
A leading government agency invested in the improvement of standardised public transport is seeking an experienced APS6/EL1 HR Officer for a 6 month term. Extension options will be on offer for high performing candidates.
Your new role
As the APS6/EL1 HR Officer you will be responsible for a variety of HR functions. You will be providing advisory support to multiple internal and external stakeholders. This role presents an opportunity for experienced, high-performing, self-starters to join the Agency for a period of 6 months. The successful applicant will be offered a position at the level that reflects their demonstrated capability and experience.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have the ability to display the below:
What you'll get in return
- Previous experience working as a HR professional across a broad range of key function areas including achievement of corporate objectives, compliance with legislative and governance requirements and driving best practice for the Australian Government.
- A proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships including the ability to be the conduit for the agency with the departments corporate areas and other Commonwealth departments to coordinate the delivery of HR business activities and promote continuous improvement opportunities relating to relevant policy and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Confidence to present HR information to agency staff;
- The ability to apply initiative and sound judgement and work under limited supervision;
- Work effectively both with a team and autonomously and contribute to a positive team environment and a positive approach to teamwork;
- Experience working in a small government agency would be highly regarded (but is not essential);
- Experience working in other corporate related functions would be highly regarded (but is not essential).
Work within an agency with an exceptional workplace culture. Flexible working arrangements will be on offer, with 3-4 days WFH available. High end market rates will be available to highly experienced candidates.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508