Your new company
Open Arms is the leading provider of mental health services for veterans and their families. As an Australia wide team they provide face to face counselling, phone based support and case management to individuals and their families through a combination of proven clinical practices and new evidence based approaches.
You would be joining a large team of passionate and highly professional specialist staff, within a supportive working environment which provides clinical supervision, professional development opportunities and peer and management support.
Your new role will involve:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provision of clinical services including assessment and referral, evidence based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible clients in order to achieve care planning processes
- Contribution to the development and delivery of group programs as required
- Maintaining clinical records and collating and analysing data from client records
- Prepare reports to evaluate and improve service delivery
- Facilitate the delivery of counselling and other programs to veterans, ADF personnel and their families in rural and outer and metropolitan areas
- Liaising and forming partnerships with veteran and defence force communities and families including DVA, ADF, other government departments, ex-service organisations, and community health and welfare agencies
- Contribute to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status
- As required, participate in community development and service promotion activities
- Applying the principles of cooperative and safe working practices in line with APS values and the Department's mission, vision, approach and values
- Qualification as a registered Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA registration, OR
- Qualification as a Social Worker eligible for membership of the Australian Association Social Workers (AASW) and be eligible to apply for Mental Health accreditation.
What you'll get in return
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance.
What you need to do now
- Full Time position based in Townsville
- 12 month contract with possibility for extension
- $55 - $65 per hour
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Megan White on 07 4417 1105 or email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508