Your new company
Hays has partnered with a federal government agency to recruit multiple APS6 Case Management Officers for 12-month assignments. These role will be based from Brisbane CBD with flexible working arrangements available.
Your new role
This role will work under guidance to manage, progress and resolve AAT applications. The position will assess available information against legislative criteria and agency policy to determine the most suitable way to conduct AAT proceedings on behalf of the agency. The focus is on resolving matters in a timely manner and, where reasonably possible, without a need to progress to an AAT hearing.
Responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Undertaking end to end case management activities, subject to appropriate line manager input and oversight.
- Resolving matters through case management of AAT applications in relation to reviewable decisions.
- Undertaking case management of low to moderately complex AAT matters and analysing to develop options for early resolution.
- Obtaining necessary information and advice to effectively resolve AAT matters.
- Applying alternate dispute resolution methods and advocacy skills to resolving applications/reviews, in keeping with the model litigant principles.
- Attending Case Conferences, Conciliations and Hearings conducted by the AAT.
- Preparing documents detailing resolution options and outcomes at Case Management meetings.
- Assessing and responding to priorities and risks, including risk to the participant, Scheme sustainability and the agency.
- Preparing and maintaining electronic record keeping, including evidence supporting decision-making processes and justifying conclusions reached during the case management process.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
What you need to do now
- Demonstrated experience in a case management or business management role.
- Well-developed time management, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Skilled communicator both verbally and written
- Strong customer service focus and ability to liaise on a professional level with diverse groups.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Efficient reporting skills
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508