Your new company
Working for the Federal Government in an exciting role supporting the financial and management of services.
Your new role
Senior Payroll Services Officer
The Payroll Services Section provides a payroll service integrating a range of tasks including conditions of service and payroll processing for the entire employee lifecycle which encompasses commencement, prior service, leave liability, superannuation, leave management, payment of allowances, deductions, salary maintenance, workers compensation, overseas employees, salary packaging, pay run, employee debt management and exits.
What you'll need to succeed
1. Manage a team of payroll officers and meet all departmental management obligations including, performance management, WH&S obligations and performance agreement setting.
2. Train and mentor payroll officers to ensure they are able to competently undertake all pay processing tasks.
3. Hold coaching sessions with each staff member in the team and provide regular and consistent feedback.
4. Complete complex payroll processing / tasks such as incentive to retire and voluntary redundancy
5. Undertake fortnightly end of pay / after pay reporting on a rotating basis
6. Complete checking in designated timeframes as required within the team to ensure quality outputs.
7. Manage escalations and prepare complex correspondence and provide accurate and timely advice to customers.
8. Communicate effectively with a range of clients and stakeholders.
9. Perform system testing for the Payroll Services Section as required.
10. Other duties as directed from time to time.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working hours, work/life balance, supportive team, opportunities to grow.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, call Vicki Meyer on 02 6279 7472 or email email@example.com
Candidates seeking an S26 Transfer are also encouraged to apply.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.