Your new company
This is a leading Federal Government Department that works towards ensuing developing polices and legislation to ensure the target audience is adhering to standards and is constantly evening to keep up with changes within the needs of the nation. This division has a key focus on developing specific programs that have a 3 year lifespan and will effect over 50% of the Nation, in this team you will work alongside a large number of subject matter experts to deliver a high standard of work within the allocated project timeframes.
Your new role
Your new role as an APS5 Secretariat would be providing a high level of secretariat support to the department. This position requires a highly motivated individual that will be very approachable and easy going. Your day-to-day duties include:
- Provision of high quality secretariat services and coordination activities.
- Providing policy advice;
- Liaising with state/territory departments other stakeholders
- Assisting progress in other branch and divisional initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, in particularly through clear, logical and succinct written communication;
- A demonstrated ability in managing a secretariat to support intergovernmental committees.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent writing skills;
- A demonstrated ability in policy development;
- Well-developed liaison, engagement and negotiation skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own work;
- A demonstrated ability to build working relationships and harness these to meet objectives;
- Good conceptual and analytical skills and ability to solve problems
You must be an Australian citizen and possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a Baseline personnel security clearance.
What you'll get in return
This large Government Department is well known for their career progression and looking after their staff. You will receive on the job training from a very knowledgeable and friendly team as well as an attractive salary. If you are successful for the position you will be brought in for an initial contract for 6 months with a possible 12-month extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Alana Janssen now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Alana Janssen on Alana.Janssen@hays.com.au [mailto:Alana.Janssen@hays.com.au] for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508