Your new company
Operating within a Federal Government Department, your new organization works to deliver integrated services and are responsible for a variety of functions including records management, personnel administration and related functions, and a range of procedural and clerical support tasks.
Your new role
The Services which the Contractor must provide and perform consist of the following:
- Providing support and assistance in coordination of program and project level activities including preparing drafting project artifacts.
- Assistance with providing secretariat services for various Committees and forums and the ability to coordinate and book meeting to support weekly and fortnightly reporting and coordination activities.
- Ability to assist and provide input to project and reporting documents, preparation/organisation to follow up and action issues relating to meetings including committees meeting, and experience in drafting agendas, minutes and action items and monitoring and tracking outcomes.
- Experience in maintaining a robust reporting framework, including project updates, timelines and IT activities.
- Experience with drafting briefs, power point presentations and reports
- Experience in organising meetings, conference and workshops
- Providing quality control over coordination, governance, reporting frameworks, and the
written work produced for the Department.
- Ability and experience working with stakeholders to assist with project management, including planning, objective setting, timeline management, and risk identification and mitigation.
- Continuously improving the quality of all of the above and utilising various reports to complete other work and reporting
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks and requests with limited lead times.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and contributed to the team and program objective in a professional manner
- Other duties as directed
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Project or program management capabilities, including ability to manage competing deadlines, maintaining clear pipelines of work and weekly updates, adjusting as needed, and identifying and managing risks to completion of work.
- Work with staff inside and outside the section to continuously improve the quality of processes and products.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate the relationship between operational activities and organisational goals, and using different types of verbal and written communication styles to explain information in plain English for various audiences.
- Assist with managing robust reporting framework to a high quality, including activity, project, legislative, and program levels of reporting.
- Administration and coordination
- Project planning and management
- Analysis and critical thinking
- Draft material for appropriate audience (and Government)
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance and undertake research
- Able to build and maintain relationships across a range of stakeholders
- Australian Citizen
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Security Clearance
A background or experience in the public service, and preferably exposure to providing administrative support to either programs or project level activities would be highly regarded.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Momota.Touli@hays.com.au.LHS 297508