Your new company
Located in central Canberra, this large government department has a heavy focus on developing policies and procedures to enhance world class research, policies and procedures in our nation.
Your new role
Your new role as an APS5 Project Officer is to ensure we continue to fulfil an important responsibility to this federal portfolio. They protect, conserve and enhance the values of Commonwealth parks and gardens for the use and well-being of all Australians.
- Book, manage and acquit travel arrangements for branch officers
- File a range of procurement, administrative and project documents
- Triage and manage a shared inbox
- Undertake staff contract renewals
- Assisting to arrange the filing system (SPIRE) to create efficiencies for the team to use and find documents
- Organise ad hoc small projects including organising training for team members
- Assist project managers to prepare procurement documents
- Provide backup assistance if required with paying invoices
- Provide ad hoc administrative assistance to the assistant directors as and when required.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will be required to have previous experience within the APS or a similar role. Demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proficiency in desktop applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
You must be an Australia citizen and possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a Baseline Personnel Security Clearance.
What you’ll get in return
This large Government Department is well known for their career progression and looking after their staff. You will receive on the job training from a very knowledgeable and friendly team as well as an attractive salary. If you are successful for the position you will be brought on an initial 6- month contract with possible extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you though you are looking for a new position, please contact Treveen Liyanage Treveen.Liyanage@hays.com.au for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508