Your new company
Located in central Canberra, this large government department has a heavy focus on developing policies and procedures to enhance world class research, policies and procedures in our nation.
Your new role
Your new role as an APS5 Policy / Program Manager is to provide support to project managers, works with a diverse range of stakeholders across government
- assisting with the development, review and refinement of policy
- provide technical and policy advice to internal and external clients
- maintaining and coordinating key stakeholder networks and relationships
- preparation of communications, e.g. internal minutes, email, website content and official correspondence
- assisting compliance verification activities
Key skills and capabilities:
What you'll need to succeed
- strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- ability to collate and asses information within specific guidelines to determine an appropriate course of action
- ability to learn and adapt quickly
- ability to manage and analyse data to guide decision making activities
- reliability to ensure progression of workloads within set timeframes
To be successful in this role you will be required to have previous experience within the APS or a similar role. Demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Also proficient in desktop applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. You must be an Australian citizen and possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a Baseline personnel security clearance.
What you'll get in return
This large Government Department is well known for their career progression and looking after their staff. You will receive on the job training from a very knowledgeable and friendly team as well as an attractive salary. If you are successful for the position you will be brought on an initial 6-month contract with possible extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Alana Janssen now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Alana Janssen on Alana.Janssen@hays.com.au [mailto:Alana.Janssen@hays.com.au] for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508