Your new company
Hays Geelong are the preferred supplier choice to Federal, State and Local Government organisations as well as leading employers in Health, Technology, Insurance, Education and Utilities across Geelong and Western Victoria. Our Federal Government Client is currently seeking an APS5 People Manager for their Participant Support Officer team on an 18 month assignment with the potential to extend.
Your new role
You will work standard full time business hours from Monday to Friday managing the day to day operations and workload allocation of the Participant Support Officer (PSO) team. It is a team membership position that may be required to perform work that involves team leadership responsibilities requiring the setting of priorities and allocating work to other lower level team members within a team.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Managing performance targets, work flow, training and development of Participant Support Officers within the branch.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of processes and associated guidance materials.
- Collaborating with the team to respond to participant enquiries, ensuring participants are informed and can access relevant information.
- Undertaking research and contributing to reports.
- Managing diaries and appointments, telephone enquiries and escalations from participants.
- Coordinating and organising executive meetings and community forums.
- Recording and managing complaints and other feedback in the Agency database.
To succeed, you will need:
- Highly developed IT proficiency in MS Office, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated experience Managing or Leading a team, their performance and/or KPI management
- Ability to effectively plan and organise your own time as well as your team
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience contributing to improvement and or processes
What you'll get in return
***Please note, to be considered for this role you MUST:
- Be an Australian Citizen and
- Provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.
Through Hays, this role offers you an hourly rate of $53.63 plus superannuation and the opportunity to grow and develop within this Federal Government Agency. Temporary and Contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, apply online now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
Alternatively, email Brittany.Hall@Hays.com.au.LHS 297508