Your new company
These Federal Government Departments and Agencies play important role in ensuring the sustainability and development of the Australian Economy.
Your new role
Your new role as an APS5 Executive Assistant will see you providing high level support to Branch Heads and/or Executives. In addition to working collaboratively with other Executive Assistants across the division. These positions require a motivated self-starter who can work under general direction and be responsible for the delivery of timely, efficient, effective and friendly high-level administration and executive support. Your positive attitude, approachability and ability to work as part of a team will ensure success in this role.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Diary management and associated meeting arrangements including coordinating briefings;
- Managing incoming correspondence including emails, briefs, letters and appointment requests;
- Organising events and travel, including flights, accommodation, visas, and travel allowances;
- Receiving and screening of telephone calls to ensure appropriate and timely responses;
What you'll need to succeed
- Managing and establishing strong stakeholder relationships both internally and externally;
To be successful in this role you will be required to have previous experience as an Executive Assistant or Administrator and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and coordination skills.
You will also possess the following:
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and taking a client-centred approach to your work;
- Well-developed organisational skills including the ability to manage competing priorities, multitask and deliver a very high standard of work;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and show a high degree of initiative, integrity, professionalism and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive business matters.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Understanding and application of the APS Values and Code of Conduct;
You must be an Australian citizen to be considered for this role and candidates looking to apply must hold or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal Government Security Clearance (Baseline, NV1, NV2 or TSPV)
What you'll get in return
This is a non ongoing opportunity likely to secure a permanent position.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508