Your new company
This Federal Government Department has a key focus on National Interest and Policies to safeguard the Australian Country. The branch we are working with has a key focus on developing and implementing nation strategies and policies in line with frameworks, guidelines, and legislation, and within this branch the team you are working with will be developing specific policies pertaining to the subject matter.
Your new role
The EA will work collaboratively with the Division’s EAS and admin support team, professionally assisting the GM with all aspects of the role’s workflow and daily duties, ensuring that they are briefed, prepared and able to meet all of their obligations and commitments. The EA provides administrative support, including liaison with senior internal and external stakeholders and line areas.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience and sound understanding in delivering reliable executive support to senior executives working within a fast-paced confidential environment, or demonstrated high performance in a similar type of environment and role. You will be organised, adaptable to change and possess the ability to prioritise, multi-task and display a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You will have the ability develop and maintain productive working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and a sound knowledge of the role and functions of the agency. You will also be excited by working in an area with real purpose. duties include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide executive support to the SES, including diary management and travel bookings whilst delivering high-quality administrative advice to all areas that fall within the team
- Proactively assist the SES with preparation for meetings, including agendas, briefing notes, senate estimate process and presentations
- Draft correspondence, briefing notes and other reporting as required, including coordinating preparation and clearance for meeting papers
- Ensure appropriate level of governance requirements are met for all organisational documents and processes
- Maintain and update administrative practices, systems, and procedures to improve efficiency and service delivery
To be successful in this role you must be an Australian Citizen and have relevant experience in Government Department or a similar business environment. You must also be able to obtain and maintain a Federal Government Security Clearance (Baseline, NV1 or NV2).
What you'll get in return
You will be offered an initial 6 month non-going contract working in a progressive and supportive working environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508