Your new company
This Government Business Enterprise provides housing and related services to Australia’s Defence Force Serving members and their families. They pride themselves in serving those who protect Australia and our way of life and are a motivated and professional organisation, welcoming people from diverse backgrounds with both private and public sector experience.
The team you will be joining is responsible for governance and is responsible for facilitating and administering compliance with the enterprise’s legislative requirements and overarching governance frameworks, as well as providing quality service and fostering relationships with relevant customers and stakeholders.
Your new role
As the Executive Assistant, you will support the General manager, Governance and Communication and General Manager, Service Delivery to provide administrative support. You will have the following skills and/or experience to be successful in this role: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the day to day activities of the General Manager including:
What you'll need to succeed
- diary management including coordinating calendars
- phone management
- assisting with the preparation and coordination of papers for meetings including board papers and correspondence
- recording and tracking documents and correspondence including arranging clearance and signatures, as required
- coordinating travel arrangements, organising meetings and events
- preparing visual presentations using PowerPoint
- meeting minute taking, disbursing action items and meeting agendas; and
- expense and credit card management.
- Establish and maintain networks and working relationships
- Organise and manage events
- Assist, as required, with the organisation of internal and external meetings and teleconferences
- Undertake general office administration duties
- Coordinate competing requests and communicate priorities with the Governance leadership team to effectively manage the workflow of the General Manager, Governance and broader business area
Assessment of your suitability will be made by looking at what you have done previously – the knowledge, skills and experience you have built, your potential for development, and your personal qualities. For this role, we will consider how well you:
What you'll get in return
- Provide executive support including, but not limited to, diary and calendar management, receiving and making phone calls, coordinating travel arrangements, and expense and credit card management,
- Engage, collaborate and build key relationships with a range of stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes in the context of sensitive or difficult executive support.
- Attain and maintain an understanding of the role and responsibilities of DHA and its customers.
- Positively contribute to business improvement initiatives, implementation and review of systems, policies and procedures.
- Specific experience, education or training in corporate governance or a secretariat function is highly desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a government enterprise business who is passionate about the work that they do and the service that they provide. You will be ideally located in a central location with accessibility to shops, restaurants, bars and walking tracks. The position is available for those looking for a direct engagement with the APS and you will receive an attractive salary, 15.45 superannuation, full leave entitlement and all the perks and benefits associated with being an APS employee. This is an opportunity not to be missed!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.LHS 297508