Your new company
This federal government department offers individuals the chance to make a significant contribution to the health and safety of the Australian public. The international reputation this department is highly regarded with employees often involved in nationwide collaboration and work sharing.
Your new role
The primary role of this position is to provide support to the Executive Director of a busy branch and the successful applicant needs to be able to:
What you'll need to succeed
- manage correspondence (flagging any urgent emails, coordinating and assisting with workflow management including tracking tasks and assisting to ensure that they are completed according to priority and deadlines)
- manage travel arrangements and arrange hospitality for official guests
- provide administrative coordination and liaison with corporate areas of the agency
- support financial management, such as credit card reconciliation
- support and conduct less complex procurement and contractor activities
- draft high-quality agenda papers, briefs, ministerial correspondence, reports and varied other correspondence
- maintain productive working relationships with a diverse range of external stakeholders including expert advisory committees, project funders, jurisdiction public health representatives, stakeholder organisations and consumer/community representatives.
- provide Secretariat support to various Committees as required.
To be successful in this role you will have strong administrative, time management and organisational skills. You will showcase the ability to actively manage calendars, travel bookings and phone messages. You will have high attention to detail and the ability to remain calm and respond to changes of the business requirements and expectations.
Excellent written and oral communications skills will be required of you including the ability to draft a range of correspondence and undertake secretariat responsibilities. You will have experience as an Executive Assistant within the APS and in a fast-paced environment and have a high level of proficiency in software including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite and TRIM.
To be considered for this role you will need to be an Australian citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance at the Baseline level or higher.
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to join a well-respected agency who are committed in achieving results. You will also be a part of a great team with excellent on the job training and an opportunity to advance career opportunities. You will be offered an attractive hourly rate and be positioned close to public parking, transport, shops and cafes.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508