Your new company
This Government Department is responsible for delivering policies and programmes that support the Australian Community. This program provides support to individuals who have experienced hardship and need assistance through providing counselling, case management and financial support. There is a current need for a high performing policy officers with a strong emphasis on delivering a positive impact within the Australian community.
Your new role
We develop and consider strategic policies to address a key issue in the government eyes. This area improves access to secure housing within the context of a broader housing market. This includes for example, management of the payments and activities under government agreements, working on policy and legislation for Commonwealth programs, and undertaking research and analysis to inform policy reform on social issues. The branch is responsible for leading on the housing target under the National Agreement for Closing the Gap and ensuring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can access the same opportunities.
The branch maintains stakeholder relationships with state and territory governments and as well as across the Commonwealth departments and have the ability and willingness to work in a high paced environment with an ability to achieve results.
As a policy officer in this area you will have the following, but not limited to, responsibilities:
What you'll need to succeed
- preparing reports and briefings to Ministers, submissions to Cabinet, Inquiries, and general correspondence,
- analysing key trends,
- engaging with the sector stakeholders, and state government officials,
- preparing senate estimates briefs, question time briefs, questions on notice and other parliamentary documents,
- representing the branch at internal and external forums, meetings or presentations,
- leading policy development, implementing program management on a range branch related policies
- anticipating and identifying policy issues, undertaking research and analysis (including data analysis) and recommending solutions to policy questions,
- supporting corporate planning and responding to ANAO reviews and audits,
- maintaining productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including government and non-government agencies
Our ideal candidate will have capabilities in the following areas:
- high performance in confidently leading, managing and coaching to professional standards,
- success in leading operational teams and delivering outcomes, including excellent judgement,
- excellent stakeholder engagement skills to effectively build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders (State and Territory government, peak organisations and other Commonwealth agencies)
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically,
- an ability to work well and thrive in dynamic and changing circumstances,
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- an ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve outcomes and to work under competing and tight deadlines,
- demonstrated personal drive, integrity and professionalism,
- an ability to contribute to a positive high-performance work culture
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to obtain or maintain a Government Security Clearance at the Baseline Level or Higher.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Iain Harvey on (02) 6279 7422, Iain.Harvey@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.LHS 297508