Your new company
Located in central Canberra, this large government department has a heavy focus on developing policies and procedures to enhance world class research, policies and procedures in our nation.
Your new role
Your new role as an APS5 Compliance Officer you will be providing administrative support to the Compliance Operations team and assists compliance officers. Your duties include:
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Create program documents (e.g. Standard Operation Procedures)
- Assist in the preparation the project and program schedules to target operations / activities for compliance monitoring.
- Maintain field equipment and assist in the procurement of equipment for field operations.
- Assist with the delivery of the Audit Program by:
- establishing audit criteria in order to assess compliance by authorisation holders with the conditions of their authorisation and regulatory requirements.
- Obtaining and verifying evidence of activities undertaken by the authorisation holders required by Parks Australia.
- Preparing or contributing to the Audit Report including providing clear audit findings and recommendations for improvement, or corrective actions required to achieve compliance.
- Scheduling Audits and acting as a point of contact for auditees.
- Attending, record and transcribe minutes for Audits.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Demonstrated capability to collect information through effective interviewing, listening, observing and reviewing documented information, including records and data.
- Ability to keep accurate records with experience in minute taking.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Competency in to verifying the relevance and accuracy of collected information.
- Sensitively address cultural and social aspects of the audited organisation.
- Demonstrated commitment to and focus on WHS and have the ability to travel and visit sites around the county for the purpose of conducting site audits.
- Knowledge of applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competence to maintain the confidentiality and security of information.
- Applicants must hold and maintain a valid Australian motor vehicle drivers’ licence.
What you need to do now
- Knowledge and skills in audit principles, processes and methods.
- Qualifications in a relevant area of marine, biological, natural resources, environmental science or management are desirable but not essential for this role.
- Experience with Commonwealth, State or Territory marine or national parks management.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you though you are looking for a new position, please contact Treveen Liyanage on Treveen.Liyanage@hays.com.au for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508