Your new company
This Australian Government Agency is looking to fill couple roles on an APS5 and APS6 level within their Grants Management Unit. Start is immediately (pending on security clearance) until the end of this year.
Your new role
You will be expected to undertake consistent agreement management, assess and manage risk, and ensure that contractual issues are appropriately addressed. You will have in depth knowledge of the grant lifecycle, agreement management, documents, and the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 and financial delegations. The role requires a solid understanding of financial statements and the ability to use online data management systems. You have the ability to assess and resolve complex and sensitive issues that impact programs or agreements, and develop creative solutions in partnership with Regional Office delivery teams and relevant programme areas.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage agreements of varying complexity and identify potential risks to relevant internal stakeholders when appropriate
- Ability to engage effectively with internal (Regional Offices, Program and Policy Areas) and external (grant recipients) stakeholders regarding the management of agreements e.g. service delivery and Provider capability risks, performance reports, grant payment instalments
- Ability to identify emerging opportunities or issues, and respond quickly to competing priorities as they emerge
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and analyse performance and financial reports
- Demonstrated flexibility, good judgement and political nous
- Demonstrated proactive leadership that provides staff with tools and expectations to deliver high quality, client focused outcomes
- Oversee and monitor the administrative activities of staff members
- Ability to provide constructive management to staff with a focus on capability development of staff, team building and talent management
- Australian Citizenship
- Work experience in a similar role and have experience working with data and/or have the ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
- A strong understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics and protocols of local Indigenous communities and the issues and interests of those communities
- Applicants should exhibit sound judgement and professionalism, and have the capacity to work flexibly and responsively to achieve results
What you'll get in return
In return you will be working in a friendly and collaborative team environment, further your career in the public sector and receive an attractive hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org or call now on 0889436029.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508