Your new company
Our Federal Government client is responsible for consolidating the Government’s efforts to drive economic growth, productivity and competitiveness. We are actively engaged in looking for an APS5+6 Payroll Officer/s to commence long term non-ongoing, and will consider S26 transfer as well.
Your new role
As the Senior Payroll Advisor, you will be required to undertake work that is moderately complex to complex in nature and operate under limited direction. You will lead a small team to provide guidance, advice and support to employees on pay related matters. You will supervise lower level employees and be responsible for organising you and your team’s workflow, managing staff performance, allocating work and identifying opportunities for on-the-job training. You will be comfortable working in a dynamic environment where judgement and attention to detail is required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a payroll team to deliver quality outcomes
- Experience analysing, interpreting and applying complex legislation relating to payroll and conditions practices and procedures.
- Well-developed written, communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate and influence outcomes
- Exceptional customer service skills, including using initiative and the ability to foster effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to manage information that is sensitive in nature
- Sound problem solving skills and judgement with attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills, including energy and drive, and the ability to manage priorities to achieve results
- Resilient with a positive attitude and responsive to changing and competing priorities
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results
- Values inclusion and diversity and builds a team that is inclusive in nature.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and behaviours expected at the APS5 level as reflected in the Integrated Leadership System (ILS)
What you'll get in return
- Experience in undertaking pay transactions on an automated pay management system
- Strong skills in payroll systems, helpdesk systems and Microsoft office products
- Four years or more in payroll desirable
- Qualifications in business management, finance/payroll, or human resources desirable.
What you need to do now
- opportunity to excel and further develop your career
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, call Vicki Meyer on 02 62576344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates seeking an S26 Transfer are also encouraged to apply.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508