Your new company
This large Federal department is seeking an APS4 Unit Coordinator officer to join their team.
Your new role
In your new role the Unit Coordinator works closely across the Branch to support governance and Parliamentary oversight of Australia Post and ACMA. The position provides good insight into the business and processes of the public service and offers a good variety of work, including:
- Coordinate the governance and Parliamentary processes on behalf of the Branch using the Parliamentary Distribution Management System (PDMS) to allocate items and manage work flows.
- Allocate and draft Ministerial Correspondence, both Ministerial and Departmental, on a range of policy issues.
- Using strong writing skills, prepare and coordinate briefing material including ministerial, senior executive, meeting, Question Time and Senate Estimates briefs.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with Australia Post, Department of Finance, and across the department.
- Analyse issues and research topics as needed. Past examples include shipping of firearms and perishable goods.
- Generate reports and create rosters and tracking documents and coordinate across the Branch.
What you'll need to succeed
- Put together information folders for Senior Executives ahead of Senate Estimates appearance.
- Assist with appointment processes for Australia Post and ACMA.
- Strong organisational and administration skills including following and developing work flows.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Ability to think strategically to investigate issues and find solutions.
- Work independently and display initiative to raise issues and drive work processes.
- Good attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
This is a non-ongoing opportunity for 6 months.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508