Your new company
Our Federal government client is seeking an experienced Payment Officer to join their office in Western Sydney on 16-months contract.
Your new role
The position will provide operational and administrative support that is informed and directed by sound knowledge and may undertake some research and analysis activities.
The APS4 Payments Officer will have a considerable level of contact with internal and external stakeholders and will be required to communicate with and provide advice on a range of matters to resolve straightforward to moderately complex enquiries.
- Investigating and resolving outstanding payment requests that have been rejected.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to resolve payment enquiries.
- Processing manual payments to providers and self-managed participants.
- Working to resolve payment issues, guided by legislation, policies and standards, and Payments Branch Contribute to decision-making within the team/work area.
- Consistently meeting team and individual work resolution targets.
- Ensuring knowledge of and compliance with legislative, financial and administrative frameworks.
- Maintaining an awareness of government decision-making processes, Agency guidelines and regulations.
(NOTE: the key responsibilities of the role are based on current priorities and may change over time)
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidates will be responsible for the duties outlined above and will require:
What you'll get in return
- Australian Citizen is a requirement
- Candidates must undergo pre-employment screening, including a National Criminal History Check.
- Previous experience in processing and resolving payments.
- Strong customer service and communication skills along with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- It is highly desirable that applicants understand or lived experience in the field of disability.
What you need to do now
- Salary $44 per hour plus super.
- 16-months Contract until Dec 2023
- Western Sydney Location
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Garima Joshi at: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] or call us on 02 88601638
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for roles in Finance field in the Western Sydney suburbs, please get in touch for a confidential discussion.LHS 297508