Your new company
This is a leading Federal Government Department that works towards ensuing developing polices and legislation to ensure the target audience is adhering to standards and is constantly evening to keep up with changes within the needs of the nation. This division has a key focus on developing specific programs that have a 3 year lifespan and will effect over 50% of the Nation, in this team you will work alongside a large number of subject matter experts to deliver a high standard of work within the allocated project timeframes.
Your new role
Your new role as an APS4 Executive Assistant will see you providing high level support to one Assistant Secretary and work collaboratively with other Executive Assistants across the division. You will initially be engaged on an initial 6-month non-ongoing contract with the view to extend. This position needs a motivated self-starter who is able to work under general direction and be responsible for the delivery of timely, efficient, effective and friendly high-level administration and executive support. Your positive attitude, approachability and ability to work as part of a team will ensure success in this role.
Your day to day duties will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Diary management and associated meeting arrangements including coordinating briefings;
- Managing incoming correspondence including emails, briefs, letters and appointment requests;
- Organising events and travel, including flights, accommodation, visas, and travel allowances;
- Receiving and screening of telephone calls to ensure appropriate and timely responses;
- Managing and establishing strong stakeholder relationships both internally and externally;
To be successful in this role you will be required to have previous experience as an Executive Assistant or Administrator and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and coordination skills.
You will also possess the following:
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and taking a client-centred approach to your work;
- Well-developed organisational skills including the ability to manage competing priorities, multitask and deliver a very high standard of work;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and show a high degree of initiative, integrity, professionalism and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive business matters;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Understanding and application of the APS Values and Code of Conduct;
You must be an Australian citizen to be considered for this role and candidates looking to apply must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal Government Security Clearance (Baseline, NV1, NV2 or TSPV)
What you'll get in return
This Government Department is well known for their career progression and flexible nature. You will receive on the job training from a very knowledgeable and friendly team as well as an attractive hourly rate, with an initial 6 month contract view a view to extension and permanency.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Alana Janssen now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Alana Janssen on Alana.Janssen@hays.com.au [mailto:Alana.Janssen@hays.com.au] for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508