Your new company
This Federal Department based in Brisbane CBD provides support, services and information to Australians regarding:
Your new role
- Financial support
- Health care
- Mental health care
- Home care assistance
- Help with housing
- Historical information
What you'll need to succeed
- Undertake claims investigations and determinations and adhering to federal legislation
- Provide advice and interpretation, including in writing, on aspects of legislation to colleagues, senior managers and clients.
- Liaise with staff, clients, and outside organisations to reach timely and correct determinations on claims.
- Undertake tasks and projects to enhance the quality and consistency of service to clients and operational efficiency.
What you'll get in return
- Caseload management experience, handling and maintaining a large claims caseload and experiencing in having difficult conversations.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write detailed and clearly articulated case summaries in accordance with policy and procedures, or the ability to quickly acquire these skills.
- The ability to acquire knowledge of the relevant legislation and the associated policies and procedures, in a short time frame.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new and changing technology and work effectively in a digital, paperless environment.
- Must be an Australia Citizen
What you need to do now
- Full time casual ongoing contract
- $40.80 per hour + Super
- Career growth and progression opportunities
- Brisbane CBD office close to public transport
- A working in a rewarding role with a dedicated team
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email Tess.Lumley@hays.com.au.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508