Your new company
The Business Management Unit plays a crucial role in providing operational and strategic support to the Division. We work closely with the Division’s Executive, the office of the Deputy Secretary and other key enabling areas across the department. Our team has developed a strategy that underpins the work of the division more broadly and sets our strategic direction for 2022. The strategy is being implemented with a focus on culture and capability, strategic finance and the division’s policy perspective and narrative
Your new role
This is an exciting time to join the team as we continue to implement our divisional strategy and turn to longer term milestones. The role provides a good balance between fast paced and dynamic work, routine departmental reporting and coordination and the opportunity to contribute to long term strategic projects.
As part of a small team, you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Support the ongoing implementation of the Division’s strategy and work on key projects as directed.
- Coordinate responses to requests for information across the Division, using judgment to allocate requests and apply timeframes, and facilitating approval by set deadlines.
- Undertake administrative functions such as coordination, procurement, staffing, accommodation and drafting of the Divisional Newsletter and IT related activities.
- Provide research, analysis and advice on corporate issues relating to the operation of the Division.
- Support business planning, risk management and manage regular business processes such as the preparation for Senate Estimates.
- Identify efficiencies and innovative solutions across the work of the team and conduct lessons learned on key pieces of work.
- Collaborate with the team of Executive Assistants in the Division.
You will need to be an Australian citizen to be eligible for this position and hold or have the ability to obtain an Baseline clearance or higher however will be upgraded to NV1 as project develops.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508