Your new company
This project team operates out of the Australian Defence College in Weston Creek and requires two administration officers to support the work of the ADF Transition and Civil Recognition Project as part of the Deference Education Learning and Training Authority.
This project team was established to support transitioning veterans by providing, where possible, appropriate nationally-recognised civil accreditation of training undertaken and skills acquired during their service. They sit within the Defence Registered Training Organisation at the Australian Defence College and partner with Defence Transition Centers, DVA, government departments, veteran's employment programs, civilian employers and employment agencies, support organisation and other interested parties.
Your new role
In this position you will be required to provide administration, customer service and data entry/processing to the ADF TCR Project
You shall provide the following administration deliverables on an ongoing basis as directed by the Project lead:
What you'll need to succeed
- Monitor and maintain the group inbox, responding to client enquiries within 48 hours
- Maintain a register of enquiries and action to be taken
- Provide general advice and guidance for simple enquiries and refer more complex enquires, as appropriate
- Collate basic RPL information assessment packs and standard documentation as required
- Manage and maintain accurate records IAM utilising the Objective records keeping system and in line with Defence records management policy and procedures
- Order, collate and distribute information packs as required
- Work collaboratively in a team-based environment and contribute to project based activities as appropriate
Having a contextual understanding of the challenges that military personnel face when transitioning in to civilian life is essential for this project and as such, the project team is looking for individuals who have served in the Army, Royal Australian Air Force or Navy.
They are happy to consider a variety of backgrounds but have a preference for those individuals who have been exposed to administrative type duties or who have strong transferable skills.
To be considered for this position you must be an Australian Citizen and hold or have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level or higher.
What you'll get in return
These positions will be based at the Australian Defence College at Weston Creek and you will be engaged on an attractive hourly rate at an equivalent APS4 level. The positions are initially available until the end of calendar year with further extension possible. You will be joining a close team of contractors and permanent APS staff who are proud of their positive culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.LHS 297508