Your new company
An exciting opportunity to join a Government Organisation who provide an array of services to the community, based in Moresby QLD. They are currently seeking a AO6 Senior Policy Officer to engage in a six-month contract. The experienced candidate will form part of a dedicated team until December 2022 with possibility of extending.
Your new role
As the AO6 Senior Officer your work will support the development, implementation, and evaluation of policies for the branch. Supporting to develop stakeholder relationships that clearly defines the concept of shared responsibility to deliver control and containment in Queensland.
Key tasks and responsibilities-
What you'll need to succeed
- Substantively contribute to the identification of policy issues either within your area of expertise or drawing on the technical expertise of others
- Undertake and/or lead policy research using a range of research methods and report findings demonstrating rigorous analysis of relevant political, economic, social, technical, legal and environmental (PESTLE) issues and trends and/or of policy in similar contexts addressing similar issues
- Plan, organise, facilitate and report outcomes of stakeholder contextualised consultation on policy issues for the review of more senior managers/decision makers
- Support policy implementation, monitoring and evaluation by, for example, managing implementation or evaluation plans and/or substantively supporting the development of required infrastructure (e.g. procedures, guidelines, training materials
- Based on expertise in the relevant policy area, provide input and advice from a policy perspective into the development of strategies, plans and operating procedures and proposals the organisation may develop for submission to government
- Provide staff and decision-makers with advice on moderately complex policy matters and refer requests for complex policy advice to more senior policy officers along your recommendations and research undertaken into the issue
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in a similar position within Government or equivalent. A policy qualification would be highly desirable also, as well as this, you will have –
- Accurately reads situations and takes well-considered action to harness opportunities and to mitigate risks despite information gaps
- Demonstrates personal integrity and commitment through effective planning & diligent management of available resources & work effort to deliver business priorities in accordance with endorsed business processes & standards
- Communicates clearly and respectfully, adapting their style to the audience while maintaining the integrity of the message and negotiates persuasively to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Applies expertise relevant to their role and takes action to develop and maintain their expertise
- Understands the legislative, regulatory and policy requirements relevant to their role and takes appropriate and proportionate compliance action.
You will be required to have but not limited to an understanding of policy, the ability to administer and apply legislation, strong written, and communication skills. As well as having a strong policy background.
An understanding of biosecurity response activities and the Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements and/or experience in applying your capabilities in a response environment will be highly regarded.
What you'll get in return
You will gain the opportunity to work with a Government Department based in Moresby with the option for flexible working, paying an attractive hourly rate – you will work in a well-established, friendly, and supportive team. Make a difference working in a supportive, collaborative environment.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or for more information please contact Grace Dunn at Hays on 07 4049 2969 or email Grace.Dunn@hays.com.auLHS 297508