Your new company
A rare opportunity to join a Government Organisation who provide an array of services to the community, based in Moresby QLD. They are currently seeking a temporary AO6 Senior Compliance Coordinator to engage in a six-month contract. The experienced candidate will form part of a dedicated team until 1st
January, with possibility of extending.
Your new role
As the AO6 Senior Compliance Coordinator you will supervise a team to achieve assigned consistent with the department’s compliance strategy and within approved resource limits e.g., manage and oversee the allocation and completion of compliance tasks in line with legal requirements, procedures and quality standards.
You will also be responsible for
What you'll need to succeed
- Mentor and provide guidance to other team members in responding to non-compliance to ensure consistent and proportionate compliance responses and in partnership with the investigations team when necessary
- Assess, recommend and take required regulatory and enforcement action on breaches under the department to ensure the objectives of the program are met
- Provide authoritative advice to stakeholders and team members on department matters and applicable legislation in ways that fosters voluntary compliance
- Develop, review and update operational compliance procedures to ensure achievement of the program’s goals in accordance with relevant legislation
- Plan and coordinate the delivery of regulatory / compliance activities and report progress to the Manager of Operations.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships, networks and partnerships with stakeholders to maximise voluntary compliance.
- Foster a culture that values individual and team performance and strives for continuous improvement and efficiencies in meeting the objectives of the program and in adapting and leading the team in adapting to change.
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in a similar position within Government or equivalent. Practical experience in plant biosecurity management or qualifications in agricultural, environmental and/or biological sciences will be favourably regarded.
This position may require overnight travel interstate or intrastate. A Current “C” class drivers’ licence is required.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be working for a well-respected Government Department based in Moresby, on a temporary six-month assignment, with possibility of extension. Great hourly rate and full-time hours, in a friendly and flexible work environment - this could be the perfect contract for you!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or for more information please contact Grace Dunn at Hays on 07 4049 2900 or email Grace.Dunn@hays.com.auLHS 297508