Your new company
The Department leads the delivery of education and development services to children, young people and adults both directly through government schools and indirectly through the regulation and funding of early childhood services, non-government schools and training programs
Your new role
- Action and allocate incoming correspondence and email enquiries by assisting in management of the Legal Services inbox in a timely fashion, including opening and assigning new matters
- Respond to and manage phone inquiries by answering and triaging requests as appropriate, and directing to relevant teams
- Assist lawyers in triaging requests, circulate documents and facilitate approval flows for documents, including briefings, correspondence, finance, meetings and recruitment
- Maintain accurate data, records, databases and information management systems
- Arrange office meetings such as booking and preparing venues, agendas, minutes etc and co-ordinating with attendees
- Compile and maintain updated information systems and written records e.g. Registers and databases
- Modify, implement and effectively maintain administrative, filing and information management systems.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Expertise in using systems and software for monitoring, tracking and reporting on legal services, and general office administration
- Develops and implements systems and procedures to guide work and track progress
- Identifies more and less critical activities and operates accordingly, reviewing and adjusting as required.
- Communicates with a range of stakeholders at all levels to achieve harmonious and satisfactory outcomes
- Makes specific changes in work methods to improve outcomes, quality and timeliness of service.
- Prepares briefs, letters, emails and reports using clear, concise and grammatically correct language.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills who works co-operatively with other administrative support staff, Executive Assistants and Divisional staff to provide a range of services to Legal Division and to support the Department's goals, values and behaviours.
- Previous experience in an office administration or similar role.
- Ability to multitask, manage completing deadlines and priorities tasks accordingly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Work & Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an advanced proficiency with time management.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Joel Massey now at (03) 9604 9664. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Joel Massey through email@example.com for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508