Your new company
This Boutique accounting firm is owner-managed and has been providing accounting and taxation services to clients in the Illawarra for over 10 years. An excellent opportunity exists for an Assistant Accountant to join and be part of a dynamic financial services group. You will reporting to the Managing Director and be instrumental in developing the Accounting Business, with the opportunity for future progression within the business.
Your new role
If you're a grad looking for your big break or an experienced tax accountant, your major focus will be around
What you'll need to succeed
- Preparation of Individual, Partnership, Trust and Company Tax Returns
- Preparation of IAS and BAS returns
- Administration of Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
- General administration duties and perform other tasks as assigned by the Managing Director
- Prepare draft financials
- Liaise with clients and address client queries
The ideal candidate would have 2 years of accounting experience with focus on tax however with the current job market they are more than willing to train and enable the grads to achieve their professional goals.
What you'll get in return
- Preferably a degree in Accounting or Finance (or in the progress of completing)
- Have a strong knowledge using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, BGL 360, CAS 360 and Xero
- Be highly organised and committed to meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to build rapport with people at all levels across the business and contribute towards a positive business culture
- Be flexible to changing priorities and tasks
Flexible working options, possibility for sponsorship and work in a office based right in the middle of Wollongong CBD
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508