Your new company
Our client, a leading educational and training provider is looking to recruit a Senior Health & Safety Advisor to work in their HAZMAT/Dangerous Goods department.
Your new role
The Senior Health & Safety Advisor is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of safety and health initiatives, directions, with a specific focus on Hazardous Materials and Dangerous Goods. This position provides professional advice to managers and staff on safety related matters, champions health and safety and ensures communication and consultation processes are effective within their assigned areas of responsibility.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Completion of degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline and extensive relevant experience will be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated sound working knowledge and understanding of Work Health and Safety Act 2020, Dangerous Goods Safety Act, WA 2004, Dangerous Goods Safety Regulations, WA 2007, and subsidiary documents such as standards and Codes of Practice also preferred
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of safety management systems.
- Competent in providing professional safety advice and written reports on health and safety.
- Specialised organisational skills with the ability to manage work priorities and resources.
You will have the opportunity to work within a highly supportive team in an autonomous role, an enhanced Superannuation of 17% and a great work life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508